Management Square | Jun 15, 2017 | 0
What is Agile Project Management?
A wide range of project management methodologies have been introduced nowadays to create a unique, dynamic and organized system to produce a specific outcome. While there are a lot of project management strategies that the Information Age has to offer, the Agile Project Management is considered to be the most effective. This incremental method of building and designing products has outdated the existing traditional models which are not capable of catering the growing demands of service and product development in engineering, information technology and other business areas.
Agile project management can be viewed as the innovation of the Scrum concepts and techniques which is centered on the following: communication among the members, focus on the procedures, collaboration with the clients and openness to changes that may occur during the process.
The Agile Project Management Processes:
It involves a deeper understanding of the underlying concepts in the agile development process to produce a high quality product or service to meet customer needs.
The differences in agile development model in contrast to the conventional models can be viewed as the following:
- The agile project management emphasizes team as a whole, not as individual members. This is giving more importance to the involved parties: the developers, quality assurance, project management and customers.
- To this kind of management, communication within its parties is much more important than tools and procedures. It promotes simple framework on communication and reflection on work amongst its members.
- It means fast and efficient delivery cycle which can last for about one to four weeks.
- This kind of project management promotes openness to non-hierarchical leadership. It allows its members to express their thoughts and feedback throughout the cycle to ensure the production of high quality product.
The agile project manager is expected to facilitate and guide the team in the whole process. The project manager must not neglect the feedback coming from the members and help them through smooth transformation to develop and refine requirements. Hence, the agile project manager does not refer to the “boss” but someone who is willing to coordinate for a speedy, but high quality outcome.
The responsibilities of an agile project manager include:
- The agile project manager removes the obstacles that may occur to maintain agile values and practices in the team.
- Promotes open communication among the members.
- Holds meetings, and create strategic planning to overcome obstacles.
- Improves tools and procedures in the sequential process.
- The agile project manager serves as the mentor of the whole team.
Meanwhile, it is important to note that the Agile Project Management does not:
- delegate tasks to members and let them perform the routines
- decide on behalf of the team
- take the lead role to arrive at a specific goal
- alter the decisions made by the team members especially when it comes to technicalities
The Agile Project Management is taking smaller to steps to arrive at a bigger value by promoting communication within the group. This constant giving of feedbacks as the process move forward let the members create a high impact, but minimal disruptions in the business.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.